Also, make sure you charge your device to 60% or above to avoid shutdowns. Once your phone is fully charged, install your custom ROM zip file into the internal storage. To access the custom recovery, press volume up+power home to enter recovery mode.
Custom ROMs are device-specific, so download a ROM that’s made specifically for your device. Also, there can be multiple variants of the same device based on carrier, region, etc. so keep this in mind too. Locate the appropriate custom ROM build for your exact device variant. If you’re not sure, ask about compatibility in the XDA Forums. As we mentioned earlier, the best way all firmware to do this is to head over to the XDA forums for your device and look for a ROM that best suits your needs. Popular custom ROMs like LineageOS also maintain download portals, from which you can directly grab the most up-to-date build without much hassle. Sometimes, installation instructions can have some variations depending on your device.
- This product’s PDA version is SCG14KDU1BVK6 and the Android version is T(Android 13).
- Now you’re aware of the most popular custom ROMs in the scene, pick one for your device and give it a go.
- When you purchase a brand new Android phone or Android tablet, the device comes pre-built with a stock ROM.
Google Photos enables you to backup Android photos and videos to the cloud. Among the file types, select the all the ones you need to back up. Then specify a backup path on PC and click “Backup” to start the Android backup process. Click “Backup” to make the tool to start Android data backup. You may have backed up some of your data using this tool. If this is true, just click “View backup history” to see what has been backed up.
- You can be sure that it does not contain any backdoor, malwares, spywares or other malicious tools.
- If you would like to re-install stock Android, you can follow the below steps.
- You share your device fingerprint with everyone who’s using the same phone model with the same firmware version.
- First of all, you will have to identify what type of a brick it is (either soft or hard).
- To avoid data loss, you should back up your Pixel smartphone.
- These features help to protect users’ data and privacy, giving users peace of mind when using their devices.
Therefore, all official firmwares/ROMs are free to download. Users have also reported Magisk to be working fine with this build, if you also want your phone to be rooted. The user interface is a bit too similar to iOS for our liking, but if you’re willing to deal with that, /e/OS is a very good option. You can get started with /e/OS here, and if you’re in the spirit of building Android from source, the source code is available on Github as well. Read Me Once